Sunday, October 21, 2012

Karen Says...

Karen's interpretation of my genre and topic: "Interesting and very pretty."  She knew, almost right off the bat, that my topic was related to transformation of the body into an object. Because we had just listened to the very extensive explaination about body image, she thought my inspiration was also driven by my desire to be something other than what I am now. She liked the black and white mottife and suggested I continue in that fashion. 

After I explained what my target was for all of my sketches, and portraying "body as an object" due to my only experience in the arts, she could understand why my bodies had no faces and why I chose just sillouettes. Together, we came to the agreement that long, slender, and flexible bodies (as we see on stage a lot of the times) were best used to take the shape of the objects I chose for my three sketches.

Karen's Critique: Continue with my scheme for color, structure and concept, but branch out on a larger scale. She suggested I add more to the sketch of the wheel and work on adding other elements to the sketches to make them more a part of a scene and not just individual objects sitting on their own. For example, a tree, you would find in a forest or in a park...a tree isn't just a tree...it typically sits among other elements and/or other trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment